Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Silver Blues

This layout will need this daughterboard.

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

boratto

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Silver Blues
There's a converter daughterboard on this site. It's in the OP. That one you posted is nice but SMT stuff is kind of hard to work with without specialized tools. (Possible, yes, but potentially a hassle.)

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

boratto
Thanks Silver, here comes the link if someone else interested:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/bipolar-voltage-converter.html

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Heath
Any idea where to find a 1H inductor?  I'm going nuts trying to find one. :/

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

tayda has them. if i new about this i would have order some. i just placed a huge order
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/inductors/1uh-inductor.html

btw, i haven't built/used any of these cab sims, do they really make your setup sound like the real deal?

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Heath
Well, that's my dilemma.. I don't know much about inductors, but the layout specified a 1 Henry inductor and Tayda only goes up to 4700µH (microHenries).  Everything I understand says that the biggest value Tayda has is still 221 times to small for the layout specifications :(

I even checked a schematic and it's still calling it a 1H inductor.  Am I looking at this wrong?

Any inductors I've seen in the range of Henries are quite large and scary looking.

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Heath

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

rectifier
Heavy with 17 euro and shipping costs but interesting project if it sounds good

Re: Mesa Triaxis Speaker Sim

Heath
I had to order an Electric Druid Tapflo chip for a project ad noticed Smallbear has 1H inductors.  Their prices and shipping kind of suck but since I was buying that chip and paying stupid shipping anyway, I figured what the hell.  So I should be able to try this out in a week or so.