Meteor

Jazzman
This post was updated on .
meteor.gif

Apparently this is a Trainwreck-in-a-Box - would it fit on stripboard????

Schem found here:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4798&hilit=Doug+Hammond+meteor

Re: Meteor

boratto
Any sound samples of this train in action?

Re: Meteor

Jazzman
I think there was one on freestompboxes if you use the search function. Certainly seems "touch responsive".

Re: Meteor

boratto

Re: Meteor

Jazzman

BUMP

Re: Meteor

glasspak73
Why OH Why? Hasnt anyone made a vero of this? This thing sounds awsome.

Re: Meteor

Frank_NH
You may want to read this FSB post first:

Doug Hammond's Meteor...

Doug commented as follows:

"Well, it's just a brute force plug-jfets-into-amp-circuit thing. I'm kind of burnt out on the jfet stuff and think they are more trouble than they are worth. There's a lot of silliness in that circuit IMO- 220uf bypass cap (where did that come from? I don't remember now...) somewhat ineffective 3 band tone stack, overzealous PI-output stg-NFB crap, etc. You don't need this much complication to do stuff that sounds good and better. That's what I've learned anyway. But give it a shot and see if you like it."

I think the 220 uF bypass cap should really be 22 uF (similar to the other jfet's source bypass caps).

So, it would be good to breadboard this one first before going on to a vero layout.  Any takers?  I agree, though, that the demo sounds amazing!