Mid-Fi Clari(NOT)

Peter Venkman
So Ive built this board a couple of times now and the unit works fine in bypass mode, actually it may sound strange but i think my guitar sounds slightly brighter going into this pedal in bypass mode than it does when plugged directly into the amp.

My problem is that when I turn the unit on, nothing happens. The foot switch LED lights, and the sound just shuts off. The LED on the board (the One next to the photocell) doesn't come on, but if I check the LED with a multi meter it lights up. Ive cut all my spaces between my rails with a small hand saw, and actually have made the board several times now.

The only glaring detail I have noticed that is an obvious issue is that when the pedal is plugged in, wether the unit is in bypass mode or engaged, the LM386 (IC2) just gets scalding hot. I actually burned my thumb last night trying to remove it from the socket. I noticed the heat radiating off of it, the temp was so high.

Here is a link to the photos and the layout
http://imgur.com/a/eOsX3

Could the problem be that Im using the LM386L vs. the LM386?
Am I just completely laying this out wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Mid-Fi Clari(NOT)

Ciaran Haslett
Missing a cut above pin 8 and next to pin 5

Re: Mid-Fi Clari(NOT)

Peter Venkman
i think i see what youre talking about. ill re-do it. thanks man.
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Mid-Fi Clari(NOT)

Ciaran Haslett
Sorry.  I should have looked at the layout harder.  The cut above pin 8 is unnecessary so don't worry about that.  But yes...you're missing a cut under the IC next to pin 5.  Hopefully that'll sort you out.

Re: Mid-Fi Clari(NOT)

Peter Venkman
It worked thanks man.
Now ive just got to decide what color LED to use. Ive tried 5 different colors and types and each LED completely changes EVERYTHING about the way this thing sounds. Its awesome.
make them loud enough to melt the sun