MkII Tonebender with Germanium emulation

MkII Tonebender with Germanium emulation

joeychickenskin
Hello

I wonder if it would be possible to draw up a layout for a MK II Tonebender with silicon emulation similar to the fuzz face layout below.

I feel like I could cobble something together with a weird daughterboard with the transistors on, fed into the main layout but a new layout would be amazing.

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/06/npn-silicon-fuzz-face-germanium.html

Thank you

Re: MkII Tonebender with Germanium emulation

velouriafx

Try this. It is verified.

Re: MkII Tonebender with Germanium emulation

Neil mcNasty
That’s not an Emulator circuit, is it?
Isn’t that just a regular Tone Bender layout?

A Germanium emulator uses 2 silicon transistors in a ”parasitic configuration”, in order to simulate a single germanium transistor.
Hence a germanium emulated 3-transistor circuit such as the Tone Bender would then have a total of 6 transistors in it’s layout.

What he asks for is a layout that is equivalent to the Fuzz Face circuit that he refers to; a layout that does not require you to configure the two silicon transistors point to point and insert it in to a regular Tone Bender layout. Which would be very messy, chumnky, tight and ripe for errors.