Modded Crybaby no Wah

velouriafx
Good evening.
 received a crybaby bass for modification, but I preferred to make a new board based on this layout http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com.br/2017/03/dunlop-dunlop-gbc-95-modded-crybaby.html.
Instead of the switch I put the 68nf capacitor. The potentiometers work, the signal passes, but the pedal is working like a volume pedal and not as wah. The inductor I removed from the original and used it.

Re: Modded Crybaby no Wah

check the 4.7uF to ground. usually when a wah isn't acting like a wah, but like a volume pedal 9/10 times either that cap isn't connected to ground, or it's bad.

Re: Modded Crybaby no Wah

velouriafx
Thanks for the answer. As I was in a hurry, I ended up giving up the new board and modifying the original board. Do you know of some way to add a potentiometer of q or voice that works effectively? And gain?
 I switched the resistor in series with the inductor by a pot but it does not change the sound at all along the range of the pot.

Re: Modded Crybaby no Wah

the mods in the layout should do that. if it didn't work right, i'm pretty sure there's some issues with the build.

the q is controlled by the resistor you mentioned, in series with the 2 legs of the inductor, 0-100k larger = more vocal. the gain is controlled by the cap from Q1 emitter to ground, 0-1k smaller = more bass & gain.