Modular boards?

D$

Modular boards?

D$
What's up dudes! I recently built the mutron phasor II circuit from the layout on this site. I didn't have a board large enough to make it all in one piece so I made bunch of links to a smaller piece of board with the rest of the circuit on it. Im sure I'm not the first person to do this but I started thinking this technique could be useful for other reasons. Using up all those vero scraps or trying to fit a circuit in a small space. It was kind of a PITA and I realize it could complicate building and trouble shooting. But I didn't have to order anything and it's working! Has anybody else used this technique?

Re: Modular boards?

PEPPER!
Nice work!  I have a fuzz/wah I built for a bandmate and keep putting different prototype fuzzes in it for her.  I ended up installing headers & pins to make it easier to swap them out, I'm talking about these guys:

Angled and straight ones both have their uses.  You can use them with the sockets or just pull the pins out to join boards.  Nice to have the option of stacking boards on top of each other or joining them at 90 degrees.
D$

Re: Modular boards?

D$
Thanks Pepper! I have thought about ordering some of those types of connectors but never have. There are so many different kinds I worry I will get the wrong ones. I have seen them used in an SIB Mr. Echo pedal I repaired. Not my photo...