Mojo parts

iggy
Hey any one here have experience salvaging old parts? I noticed old organs being given away on the local listing. I was wondering if there are enough salvageable parts in either the tube amplifier or solid state organs to make it worthwhile getting them. looks like free -$50 is pretty standard for old organs. But probably a pain to haul.

Or is there a better place to find old electronic parts. Looking to try building some pedals in the mojo style you've shown. Like the DAM pedals.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mojo parts

Silver Blues
Dude, most of the parts in my pedals are salvaged. I have stacks of old boards from TVs, A/V equipment of all types, radios, etc. Stuff like that generally yields mountains of parts. When you get stuff like a tube amp, there are probably good parts in it, but they're likely high power rating and thus impossibly large. Modern solid-state stuff is pretty much all SMT, unfortunately, although I don't know exactly what you're dealing with. If you can find some stuff like I mentioned before, you won't be disappointed. Not to say the organs won't have parts, but I personally wouldn't consider it worth hauling for the few boards worth of stuff.

Re: Mojo parts

GoranP
iggy wrote
Hey any one here have experience salvaging old parts? I noticed old organs being given away on the local listing. I was wondering if there are enough salvageable parts in  either the tube amplifier or solid state  organs to make it worthwhile getting them. looks like free -$50 is pretty standard for old organs. But probably a pain to haul.
I kinda skipped over that middle part (not bolded) on the first read and the whole thing just sounded weird...
I was like wtf  Organs given away? Salvaging old parts? Pain to haul? Are the hospital transplant lists getting THAT long?

Obviously it's too early in the morning for this old me...