Mono to stereo?

GoranP

Well, fake stereo, really...

I just had an inquiry from a friend who'd like a fake stereo setup.  Basically I need to split a mono output to two identical outputs, with a "blend" pot that would pan the signal hard "left" and "right" and have both outputs at same level at half of the pot. Ideally without a volume drop across the entire pot sweep and no sound coloration.

Any ideas how to go about it?

Re: Mono to stereo?

otalgiafx
I'd use a buffered signal splitter vero layout to avoid colour of the signal. Then take the outputs of the buffer to a dual gang pot to balance the mix (sending each output to individual left and right pots.

Re: Mono to stereo?

GoranP
Thanks O!

Taking this to a lesser degree of hypothetical, would any of these do?

Or maybe this one, where I would connect a green/red send and return together?