Monolith Oracle Fuzz using NPNs?

tracer03
What would need to be done to convert the Monolith Oracle Fuzz (layout) to use NPNs? I have some obscenely high gain Russian NPNs (160/310 hfe) I'd like to try in it.

Re: Monolith Oracle Fuzz using NPNs?

balazs.bencs
Swap the electrolytes polarity around, and you are good to go.

Make sure the NPN pinouts match up the same way as the PNP, but that is self-explanatory I think :)

Happy experimenting!

Re: Monolith Oracle Fuzz using NPNs?

If you just flip the electrolytics the 22u cap will probably explode

This pedal is already “negative ground”, and accomplished that by using PNP transistors “flipped around” so that basically the power supply is reversed to the transistors

I’d have to look at a schematic to give you an exact answer, but you might have to move a couple parts in addition to flipping the electrolytics and power supply wires.