Mosrite Fuzzrite

d_brow
Hello there!

I'm new to the pedal building game and would like to start by putting together a Mosrite Fuzzrite using the following layout (http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2010/07/mosrite-fuzzrite.html) but applying the 22k resistor using John Kallas' method (http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/Fuzz-ODs/Mosrite/01-Fuzzrite_with_mods.png).

Before I dive any further and start buying my parts I want to make sure I understand where some the connections are going to be made. I hope someone here can help me out.

1) Do I connect the two ground wires (one coming off the board, the other coming off volume pot lug 1 to the same point?

2) If the two ground wires do connect to the same spot, can I connect them to the DC socket ground point?

3) On the Offboard wiring diagram page, there is an LED and resistor coming off the DC socket to the footswitch. Can I just omit the LED+resistor if I don’t want to use one and make the same connection to the footswitch?

Cheers,

Re: Mosrite Fuzzrite

Bodge
I'm not an expert so hopefully someone who knows more will correct me if I'm wrong but I'd say
1. I think you'll get away with connecting the earth from the volume pot to the ground row, there's a load of holes empty.
2. As long as all the earths are connected you could connect the earth to the DC socket and run another wire from the DC to a jack's earth then run a wire across to the other jack's earth. I think I usually tie the circuit ground to a jack's and then from there to the DC.
3. If you aren't using an led the positive from the DC only needs to be connected to the circuit. With an led the resistor is limiting the voltage to the led and the switch is connecting the negative side of led to ground when the pedal is on.
Hopefully this is all correct and helpful. I don't know enough about ground loops, or electronics generally, to be confident in my answers  but I've got most of the pedals I've built from this site working.
You'll probably get a speedier response to any questions on the general chat or debugging pages,