Mosrite Fuzzrite

Lord sonic
Hi All,
Have just finished this build using this much appreciated guide http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/mosrite-fuzzrite.html
I love the pedal, tried the 22k resistor mod, but took it of again, part from that the pedal is exactly as the guide using 2n2222s. My question is, is there anyway of squeezing out more gain/fuzz? I socketed and tested the resistors and also tried 2n3904s, unless someone can (transistor wise) recommend anything else? I was hoping I could possibly change the value of pot,cap,resistor. When I say a bit more fuzz I really mean just a smidgeon, it sounds great as it is but just needs an extra squeeze! any suggestion much appreciated! Ta.

Re: Mosrite Fuzzrite

Vince
I wouldn't know about changing anything but if all else fails, I put a boost inside like the LPB-1 with on board trimmer, so you can set and forget it.

Re: Mosrite Fuzzrite

Beaker
Fuzzrite

Here is the ones I have been building, using the tagboard layout, carbon comp resistors and "mojo" Soviet military caps.
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/mosrite-fuzzrite.html

Yes the volume can change quite dramatically across the sweep of the fuzz pot. The LPB is a super simple way to boost the output of this or any other low volume pedal and I highly reccomend it.

I don't use one in my version of this pedal, but I can see why you might want to.

Re: Mosrite Fuzzrite

Lord sonic
Hi Guys, thanks for the advice, although the daughterboard has more components than the mosrite itself!
Beaker, would love to see a gut shot of your version the artwork looks great, what trannys did you use?
Gonna give the daughterboard a go, thanks again!