Mounting 3mm LED's

Chris60601
I have been seeing more and more builds using 3 mm LED's
I really like the professionalism that shows from using the smaller LED.
So my question, without using the chrome (or black) bezels - how are others actually
mounting these?

I really want to move away from the 5 mills and I really dislike the chrome/black metal bezels.
The plastic ones are Ok for the 5 mills but I can't seem to find a supplier for the 3's

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Silver Blues
What I've begun doing is drilling a 1/8" hole (IIRC) in my enclosure, sliding the LED directly in it (the flare at the back holds it in place perfectly) and applying hot glue.

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Chris60601
Thanks SB!

Gonna give that a shot next build!

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Luke51411
I either use a 3pdt board that has a spot for the led and drill an 1/8 inch hole where it is at or do just the same but strait from the lug on the 3pdt. If you mount your vero boards securely you could also leave an extra row and add a clr and led.

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Vince
I drill a hole slightly smaller then 3mm... 2.5mm drill bit then needle file it a little then wedge the led into the hole, there is no way it's falling out..

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

inefficiency
I have a couple of pedals that I just drilled a 3mm hole and pushed it in. The drill bit must just be the perfect size because they sit pretty snugly and probably aren't going anywhere.

Now I do the same, but use a dab of hot glue on the inside.

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Geiri
Stock up on these and use a glue gun to keep them there and you're set!

Check my website and you can see I use these in all my builds (except for Litli Fuzz).
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Vince
Holy crap, 27 euros for 100?! plus 20 for postage.... sod that...

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Geiri
They ship free on orders over $100 and I always order for way more than that anyways. It's just a few pennies per pedal so it's not bad at all. It looks better than any other bezel out there and certainly better than a bare LED sticking out, which I used to do.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Vince
I prefer bare 3mm leds so that's just money down the sink to me...

Re: Mounting 3mm LED's

Chris60601
Thanks Geiri!

For me, that's about 35 cents each for 100 and 7.99 for shipping! That's really good!
I'll look into getting these over the Christmas break!
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.