Mr. Black BB-74x - Verified

anders

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

JabboWookie
Awesome, thank you! I made an attempt and it ended up 3 columns bigger.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

music6000
Hi
   Is the 10uF from Pin 8 to Ground correct, Usually around 100uF for Filtering.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

anders
Well, there is a 10 uf and an 1 uf cap cap in parallel there in the schematic which is 11 uf...but I guess it doesn't hurt to put a 47 uF-100 uf cap there.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

music6000
Hi
  The 1uF electrolytic parallel to the 10uF Electrolytic has been left off, Why is it there in the Schematic.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

Teddeeh
Verified. Wish there was a hair more gain.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

music6000
I changed the Volume (Drive) pot to a 50K Log as the Linear taper was too sudden and no real Clean sound, A lot smoother now from Clean to Mean.
I found the Tone a little Bright so I changed the 10nF to 15nF.
Used 100uF from Pin 8 to Ground for more Filtering.
The Layout is Correct.
THANKS !!!

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

anders
Thanks for verifying, I plan to build this soon so your suggestions is very welcome.

I guess one could use a 100kA pot for the "Volume" control for more gain.

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x

music6000
I honestly think it has plenty of Gain as is, It's emulating the Marshall 18w Combo Amp.
With the 50k linear Volume pot it is a bit of a One Trick Pony, it's Full Gain @ 10.00 O'clock and the rest of the rotation is slightly more Saturation.
With a 50k Log it is Clean & progresses to Full Gain & Saturation over the whole sweep, Way better!

Re: Mr. Black BB-74x - Verified

Blackboarcult
Quick n00b question on this one:

If I want to add a marshall tone stack with volume pot like this one, would it be sufficient to jumper Tone 1&2 to Tone3, omit Master after C6 and wire directly to the input of the tone stack?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!!