Multiple Ground Connections - neater wiring help

Multiple Ground Connections - neater wiring help

tracer03
Looking for suggestions from all the great minds here: how to you keep your wiring tidy when you have a circuit with multiple ground connections?

Example: building up an Austone Textone Fuzz Nutz last night (layout) - and including the grounds from the pots, it's 4 ground connections. Not counting the power and jack grounds, it started to make my circuit look like a spaghetti nightmare.

On a few of the builds I've done - like the Sola Sound Tonebender MKIII (layout), I've gone back and added a row with a link to the 'main' ground rail.

Any suggestions to help me tidy up my wiring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Multiple Ground Connections - neater wiring help

Sensei Tim
I'll usually run a ground from the DC power jack to the board and sometimes to the input jack ground also.

From the main board, i'll run a 2nd ground to the 3PDT switch.

for the pots, i'll usually daisy chain all the grounds together and then ground to either the main board, 3PDT switch, or input jack depending on the situation inside the enclosure.

Re: Multiple Ground Connections - neater wiring help

bogey
Or you could fix a solder lug to your enclosure and run them all to that.......(I think).