Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

fx-fidden
Thanks!
Well, your test let me a bit confuse, indeed. I thought it worked pretty good. These three band are not so drastic like some other device like amps or distortion or Eq pedal. Especially the Bass and the Mid have about 6db cut and boost, if I remember well. And the things has perfectly sense, I guess, something that don't change a lot the sound. While the Treble has much more, at least 15db, maybe. More effective, like the tone in the passive guitar of bass.
The knobs in flat position should give a flat response for real, zero cut or boost. Don't forget it.
I build pedals

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

j-pee
This post was updated on .
I'm sorry for being confusing...
euphoria happens, but later I found out that something was wrong with the circuit...
EDIT: Sept 18, 2019
some not so visible contact problem somewhere, or anything..

the point is: my experience does not count

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

fx-fidden
This post was updated on .
I don't think you need a buffer. MusicMan basses use this preamp on board, and it's the first thing the pickup find before to get out from the jack output.
The 2.2nF to the ground is questionable, indeed, but with the humbucker the preamp could work ok. It works on MusicMan.
I build pedals

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

j-pee
This post was updated on .
hi,
thanks for your thoughts,
your argument that this works with Music Man-s, is kind of unbeatable :)

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

j-pee
okay, round 3... (build 3)

it works but..

the treble pot does nothing
 (which was the case with build 2, when it finally begin to function, after I had spotted a soldering problem)

I've slightly modified the layout, to make soldering mess less likely to happen...
(the original one is PERFECT!!! it has space and air, and logic in the structure, I just needed more space, and the wires on one side only)

pics:

the DIYLC file:

stingray_3EQ_jan26_troubleshoot.diy

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

Maxwell
Hello everyone, I'd like to build this pre-amp for my sterling, I'm just confused but the "BIAS" in the schem. Are they GND or +V ..or other? and how to wire a 3-way switch? thanking you in advance.

EDIT: ok, it looks like +9V bias voltage, correct? and "IN" is actually the input jack?

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

Sensei Tim
the BIAS net is 1/2 of the input voltage.

it's used to bias the opamps.

Re: Music Man Stingray 3eq preamp

Maxwell
Ok, thanks so 4.5V for biasing the OP amps. Voltage divider circuit.. I wonder how I can put this in my bass and not so much a pedal?
12