Mutron III

motterpaul
Very frustrated with this build. A lot of people had trouble with it. I seem to be getting the right voltages (it uses both +9 and -9).

The LED lights up very bright.

But here are the problems. My on-on-on is apparently a "type 2" where center connects [1&2 and 5&6] instead of [2&3 and 4&5] as shown. But I was able to compensate for that by doing mirror image numbering. (Once I figured it out)

My issues: ... I get a lot of gain, The LED really glows and it sounds like an overdrive. but I don't really hear any phasing sound at all.

The only changes I have made are using a b200k instead b150k pot for peak, and using B1M for gain instead of C1M, plus I only had (2) 1.5n caps instead of 1.8n. That's it. I have been working on this for hours now. I keep thinking it is just the various switch connections, but I have double checked them over & over. All I hear is gain.

Pictures here:

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Paul_Motter/DSC03247_zpsllkuw6za.jpg~original
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Paul_Motter/DSC03246_zps6zlwbazw.jpg~original
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Paul_Motter/DSC03245_zpsv7jxsd4t.jpg~original
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Paul_Motter/DSC03244_zpsehquq8h5.jpg~original

Re: Mutron III

Beaker
You have a link wire missing - the one just to the right of the bottom IC, connecting pin 5 to the 220K resistor.

Re: Mutron III

motterpaul
Thank you !!!  - kudos