My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

Highsmith
I've got like 20 in plastic bags. To what end?

I'm not building anything new until these are all boxed. To make it easier I'll put 2 circuits in one 1590bb.

Red Llama and Purple Platypus in one box, why not?

Bee Gee and and Random Number Generator in parallel? Sure!

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

tracer03
I'm right there with you: I've got 12 circuits tested and bagged, with another 4 ready for debugging.
Must...stop....building new circuits....

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

Muadzin
I never understood you guys with your huge collections full of unboxed circuits. I've never built an unboxed circuit. I never built anything for which I haven't got a ready enclosure. All to often I had the enclosures finished before I even started on the circuit itself. I never saw the reason to try the circuit before boxing (other then to see if they are working). Even if I didn't like the effect once its finished, at least I had fun making the whole thing, plus another pedal for my collection.

I do have a fail box full of boxed circuits that aren't working though.

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

Mulekicker
I have a bunch of circuits that used to be boxed but didn't do it for me. If I don't love a pedal I have no problem ripping out the board and recycling everything else. I have a 125b that has been 5 or 6 different 2 knob fuzzes over its lifespan. I box everything I build, but they might not stay boxed

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

BetterOffShred
I have no circuits that don't work, and currently only one that doesn't work quite right.   But I have like 20 to box.  Boxing is the worst, and ever since I built my prototype box, it's just not my strong suit.  Drilling and wiring it up, no problem .. paint .. no problem..  labeling, no bueno.

Just saying.
mug

For me there's basically two kinds of circuits: some just strike me from the (your!) descriptions and I'm super curious and excited to hear what they sound like in my setup -> will be boxed. Others are like "hm, never used an XY-type pedal - wanna try..." Might be boxed if I like it, but could also be butchered for something else.
Then there are some I just want to see if I can do it... and some because I have the right parts... and some "why do the guys at the board seem to like it that much... ok, more than two types - seriously addicted

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

tracer03
Muadzin wrote
I never understood you guys with your huge collections full of unboxed circuits. I've never built an unboxed circuit. I never built anything for which I haven't got a ready enclosure.
That's my New Year's resolution...

For me, it's a matter of time and space: I don't have a lot of space to work on/finish enclosures in the house, so I have to do it in the garage: and in MN, even with an insulated garage, it gets too cold to spray/paint/clear coat. I'm saving up for a garage heater, but until then I wait for the temps to be reasonable. And the wife would have my jibblies in a jar if I tried to spray in the house...

So - while I wait for spray-friendly weather, I keep building...

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

You shouldn’t use a heater in a room where you are spraying. That is a severe fire hazard

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

tracer03
Travis wrote
You shouldn’t use a heater in a room where you are spraying. That is a severe fire hazard
Of course - but running the garage heater for a bit a couple hours before spraying to bring the temperature up to a manageable level when outside it's 0 F helps...

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

Mulekicker
I'm in ohio and also working outta my freezing cold garage. Had to put building on hold all last week (it killed me) because it was too cold. I stupidly tried to solder a d9e that had been sitting in the garage and it immediately broke.  I knew it would, I just couldn't help myself.

Re: My Resolution? Box all these circuits!

tracer03 wrote
Travis wrote
You shouldn’t use a heater in a room where you are spraying. That is a severe fire hazard
Of course - but running the garage heater for a bit a couple hours before spraying to bring the temperature up to a manageable level when outside it's 0 F helps...
lol sorry I read your post and had to mention it.. wouldn’t want you or someone else blowing themselves up over a pedal enclosure

I feel your pain though. I’ve got a guitar neck that I need to spray but it’s raining and humid