My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

anders
Hi there!
As a new start of the new year and I feel that I want to give back something I started the new year with drawing my first vero. So here it is, the elusive Faylon Fuzz Machien from Belgium.
It's verified (well, I think it is since there is no soundclips online)

Cheers
Anders

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

Nice job Anders, thanks for sharing

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

Neil mcNasty
A great way to start a new year!
Congratulations!
I never regretted spending a lot of time learning to do layouts, it is a great tool to have, and it gets more fun as you learn.

Just one little thing when looking at the layout:
From what I can tell, there seems to be no connection between Q1 & Q2 (from Q1 collector, to Q2 base?)
Maybe there is a cap,resistor or link missing there...?

And, by the way: by saying "Verified", we mean: "I have built it myself, and it works as it should"
(seems like maybe you meant something else when saying "verified")

Hmmm... Anders? You wouldn't happen to be Norwegian?
I've got a pedal/guitar workshop in Oslo, and would love to meet other diy people/pedal builders in Norway.

Cheers!
Neil

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

anders
Thanks!
As for the link beetwen Q1 and Q2 I was a bit puzzled... here is the schem

Cheers

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

Neil mcNasty
Ok, now I see...
I was wrong. Schematic and layout matches!

That's a pretty interesting circuit, never seen anything like that before.
This one will go high on the build list, just out of curiosity.
It would be very nice if you could give us some hints about how this sounds when you have built it.

Neil

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

anders
I haven't played around with it that much yet because I have a couple of more veros in the works....man this is FUN!

It's quite a loud and bassy circuit, sounds quite like a ragged buzzy fuzz face with the neck pickup. Flip Q2 around and you get a lower gain fuzz face sound. Yes, it's quite an interesting circuit for sure, maybe tweak some values here and there, try some different transistors...and figure out what Q1 and Q2 does.

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

anders
Played with it at higher volume today and I'm really like it!
My favorite fuzzes is Foxx Tone Machine and Double Beat and this one, to my ears is a small relative to those, it has a lot of gain with almost synthy saturated notes, especially with humbuckers. A pleasant surprise and I strongly recomend anyone to build this who loves fuzz.
Th

Cheers

Re: My first vero layout, Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien

velouriafx
Hello guys. I made some changes to this circuit, added a tonestack, a starve control and a dc filter and resulted in that pedal. I really like this circuit and the control of Starve makes it extremely versatile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFORglZgDK0