N-Channel vs P-Channel

inefficiency
Just a quick question guys.

If I read the datasheet for a MOSFET and it says that it is "N-Channel", does that mean that a "P-Channel" one isn't a suitable replacement?

I have a MOSFET that I need to replace....

Re: N-Channel vs P-Channel

N Channel is the FET equivalent of NPN, and so of course P Channel is the PNP equivalent.  So no they're not suitable

Re: N-Channel vs P-Channel

inefficiency
Ah, so that's what it stands for. Would putting a P channel in and then powering up the circuit when it needs a N channel damage the circuit?

Cheers Mark!

Re: N-Channel vs P-Channel

No.  It may damage the transistor but more likely it just wouldn't work

Re: N-Channel vs P-Channel

inefficiency
Excellent. Thanks again!