NINTENDAR & TRIANGLE OSCILLATOR

MOPO

Re: NINTENDAR & TRIANGLE OSCILLATOR

BetterOffShred
OK so I built the stock Nintendetar and hooked it up.. and it makes no noise at all.  If I use an alligator clip and bypass the input cap it will have fuzz if I hit the strings pretty hard.  I know this circuit is very close to the pong war machine designed by Escabedo, and that doesn't have an input cap. It has straight input to pin 3 of the 386.. it's a small board and I've looked it over a million times.. I'm pretty stumped as to why it doesn't work unless I bypass the input cap.  I checked all my component values.. just don't get it.  Anyone had any problems with this build ?
-Brett

Re: NINTENDAR & TRIANGLE OSCILLATOR

BetterOffShred
To answer my own question.. I built the Pong War Machine and it didn't work either. Which having built some gnarly stuff was kind of a blow to my pride.  But after a little fooling around I tried a different 386.. and they both started working. I either had a few bad ones or the effects are somewhat sensitive to these chips.  I tried a few and they affect the decay differently too.  Just worth making a note of. -Brett