NPN Fuzz Face First Layout

vitt
This post was updated on .
My Layout Fuzz Face

Hi. For the first time i am designin my layout of just a simple and basic effect, Fuzz Face.
I have triple checked everything with the schematic on the other hand and to me looks ok. Is it correct?
Because building it i got no sound of it, so i don't know whats wrong.
Here is a shot of my board, trace side

Re: NPN Fuzz Face First Layout

Beaker
Congratulaions on your first layout - It's one more than I have been able to come up with!

A photo of the component side of your board would be a big help, as well as the schematic you have used to produce your layout, as you have not stated any component values.

Your soldering looks a little scrappy though - make sure your components really are soldered in place correctly. Use a multimeter to check continuity.

Re: NPN Fuzz Face First Layout

vitt
Thanks a lot Beaker. I've used this schematic

And BC108 at Q1 and BC107 at Q2.

So here is a component side shot

From the layout i've omitted the filtering cap and the diode

Re: NPN Fuzz Face First Layout

induction
I see solder a few bridges between the bottom two rows. Might just be the picture. Remelt you solder joints and then scrape the traces to remove bridges.

I noticed that in addition to the power filtering and polarity protection, you also removed the input pulldown resistor. It will probably pop if/when you switch it.

Re: NPN Fuzz Face First Layout

vitt
I solved the mess. I cleaned my trace side, done better soldering job and then i discovered that one of the potentiometers was broken and now everything is sounding fuzzy and facey.