NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

inefficiency
Does anyone have a good layout for a NPN Fuzz Face on Tagboard?

I'll be planning on adding all the mods described here: http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/FuzzLab/FuzzCloneMods_V2.gif , so if any of those are involved, that's a plus - but to be honest, most of them will just be caps attached to switches or whatever.

Failing that, if I just use NPN transistors for this layout will it work? Or will I need to modify the layout? The answer to this question would be handy either way, as it's good knowledge to have.

Cheers for any help, fellas.

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

Remember. If you're going from pnp to npn, you just put reverse the power wiring +9V to the -9V and ground to +VE, and flip the electrolytics and you should be good to go. So if you want just do that to this layout, or could make a vero layout for it.

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

Ciaran Haslett
As Rocket said...flip anything with polarity.

Also mind the pinout on this layout.  Depending on your transistors you may have to twist some legs about.  This is much easier with the metal can TO-18 package as the TO-92 legs are in a straight line.

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

inefficiency
Ok, cool. I figured this was what I was going to have to do.

I won't be making a vero layout because I got some tagboard specifically for this - I want to go all old-school and "point to point" with this one for a bit of fun .

I found a source of turrets for making turretboard and I have some old strips of rosewood and teak that I'll be using to make some in the future. I like the idea of doing all my old classic effects in this manner.

Transistor-wise, I'll be using some of my Russian germs. I will probably make a PNP one too, but I wanted this first one to be just pure tagboard and free of any inverters or otherwise sitting in the enclosure.

Cheers for the help guys. I'll try and get a picture in the pedal guts thread when I eventually get round to building it. It's going to be an interesting enclosure, so it might take a little while .

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

The great thing about the inverter on stripboard is that it's so small you could easily hot glue it to the underside of the tagboard and never see it in the finished pedal.

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

inefficiency
Yeah, there is that, but I would know it was there and my OCD would torture me .

Re: NPN Tagboard Fuzz Face

motterpaul