NPN and PNP fuzz combined

glasspak73
Can this be done on vero?

Re: NPN and PNP fuzz combined

Silver Blues
Whoa.

Re: NPN and PNP fuzz combined

i'm sure it can be, but that looks like it's going to be a bear of a layout. not to mention there are a few things that aren't really clear. for instance there's a lot of places that mention a wiper, and a clean pot that doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Re: NPN and PNP fuzz combined

glasspak73
I found this on Aron Nelson's stompbox layout gallery.I dont know if this was ever built or tested? it is in the folder by Gus Smalley.I'm trying to find more info on this now.I would realy like to find a fuzz circuit that has PNP and NPN combined that is how i found this schematic.

Re: NPN and PNP fuzz combined

induction
This is one of Gus Smalley's guesses about what might be inside a Schumann Two Face Fuzz. Like many of Gus's schematics, it's an idea, not a fully finalized circuit, and I wouldn't even consider building it without breadboarding it first. Also, Gus has faked all the variable resistor pots with single resistors and faked all the voltage divider pots with pairs of resistors, so it looks more complicated than it is. (It's essentially an NPN fuzz and PNP fuzz in one box with an input buffer/splitter, mixable outputs, and a clean blend). It has been breadboarded (by the person who ultimately traced the Two Face) and was said to be extremely noisy, so much tweaking would probably be required. Read more and see some of his other guesses here. Note that Gus used Si transistors for his schematic, while the Two Face uses Ge. Also note that his guess was actually a lot simpler and lower parts-count than the Two Face schematic turned out to be.

If you'd rather try the Two Face, look here for schematic, veros, demos.

Re: NPN and PNP fuzz combined

glasspak73
Thank you (induction)for the info on the two face fuzz,sounds like what im looking for.Thank you all for taking the time to look this over also.