Need a hand starting out!

halfahead
Hey guys!

I'm a complete beginner with pedal builds. I've got a few spare 1590a enclosures laying around and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some kits that would fit. I'm specifically after a compressor, chorus and maybe a phaser. UK based please.

Thanks in advance

Re: Need a hand starting out!

I'm not sure there's anything out there that fits all of your criteria, but check out the "Baby Boards" here

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

The Afterlife is a 1590A compressor and the Smoothie is a 1590A Phase 45

It's not really advisable to do a 1590A build for your first project but if you measure carefully you should be fine

Re: Need a hand starting out!

Marbles
I think it will be hard to fit chorus or phasers in a 1590A enclosure.

I have no experience with this site, but they have some 1590a friendly kits:

http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/1590A-Friendly/cat847125_2767130.aspx

But none of the effects you're looking for unfortunately (in that size)

Re: Need a hand starting out!

I've told you my opinion, 1590A's were made for Super Hardon's

Re: Need a hand starting out!

Still on my way back home going cross country on my honeymoon, for those that didn't know yet, lol, but a good builds for the 1590a:

1 - Anything Electra distortion based, including the germanium giant
2 - Si fuzzface
3 - one knob fuzz
4 - em drive
5 - any small booster, lpb, hard on, picasso, JHS bomb, etc

Re: Need a hand starting out!

motterpaul
Congratulations, Rocket.

I would suggest a Rangemaster or a Brian May booster. The Purple Plexi is pretty small as well. In fact, I think we just had a thread about small builds.

With a 1590a, chances are a beginner will not measure the holes right if the build is any bigger than the circuits just mentioned - and then you have wasted an enclosure (I know, I have been there). It really has to be drilled just right to work.

Re: Need a hand starting out!

Silver Blues
Heeey congrats my friend

Re: Need a hand starting out!