Need help with through hole pot connection

Need help with through hole pot connection

syamilaliff
Hi,

I accidentally bought a through hole pot instead of the one with solder lugs.

Do I need to solder point 1 together with wire or

can I make a separate joint with pot lug on 1 and wire on 2?

Re: Need help with through hole pot connection

Pavlos
You can solder the piece of board to the pot and then any wires would go to the next hole along on the strip, the copper stip will form an electrical connection between the two.

You could also bend the lugs on the pot to 90 degrees and then put a small hook or loop at the end of the wire and solder it direct to the lug. If you need to jumper between adjacent lugs then an offcut leg from a resistor or capacitor works a treat.

Re: Need help with through hole pot connection

Ed Nice
Unless I'm missing something, you can just tin the pot connectors and your wire, then solder them side-by-side. I do this almost all the time.

Re: Need help with through hole pot connection

syamilaliff
Ed Nice wrote
Unless I'm missing something, you can just tin the pot connectors and your wire, then solder them side-by-side. I do this almost all the time.
Noted! Thanks. I'm planning to build my first overdrive once I got the parts. This thing is addictive!