New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

squirrels
Hey, been awhile since I posted or built anything but since I just picked up a Marshall Origin 50 I was looking about getting back into building. I was mostly playing through an Orange OR15 so it was tough finding a good match for it (what ever worked sounded great though). With the Origin, I have a lot of room to work with so if anyone has any recommendations for doom/stoner or any type of fuzz that’s worth checking out, please send some suggestions. So far I’m using a pair of Fuzzsounds, a Pharaoh, Oracle, Musket and a couple of Fuzz Face variants. Thanks.

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

How bout a Superfuzz or FM-2? Green muff, Supa tone bender, or Hyperion are others that come to mind. And how could I forget the HM-2

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

squirrels
Thanks for the recommendations, definitely gonna add the Superfuzz to the list. How different is the Green Russian compared to the Musket? I had high hopes for the Sonic Titan and Black Forest. The worked great with my OR15 so maybe they like to see a dirty amp?

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

aelling
Looking for some fuzzes to think of made me think of the Castledine Electronics The Wizard. I build it with a very leaky germanium transistor and it sounded nothing like the demos, got some CV7351 so maybe it's time I dig it out again.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/search/label/Castledine%20Electronics

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

squirrels
Thanks, that’s definitely something to look at. I have a few 2N1304s that may work, I’ll have to pick up some JFETs though. Any clue how it works with a buffer in front? I’m guessing I’d still want to run it after any fuzzes or OD pedals, no?

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

aelling
I just found it again and it seems I am loosing memory cause I build it on perfboard by storyboardist and I used a 2N1302. It sounds pretty darn good but it is a little noisy. I tried with a Boss DS-1 both in front and after to see how it played with buffered pedals, and it was very little difference, YMMV.

Re: New Amp.... Fuzz Recommendations Needed Please

squirrels
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to try it out. I know my Red Rooster sounds awesome through my Orange.