Nocturne Junior Barnyard Preamp

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

fx-fidden
I can't read well the color of the resistors, but I guess the two LED resistors, are 1k. And look similar (from the top) the second and the fourth on the board.
The first resistor should be 1M.

I can't go over. Image and video color are not enough clear.

I see the left side of the third resistor goes to the left side of the transistor (it depends by the pinout but that's could be the drain).

The circuit is very simple, it would be very easy tracing it by a pedal builder.
I build pedals

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

baouftou
Here are gutshots of the El Pescadoro which is the Jr. Barnyard combined with fv1 reverb.

The transistor is a 2N5089.

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

fx-fidden
2N5089... I'm shocked!
What's the "FET based preamp" story?

Could it be a sort of LPB-1 with hard clipping? Or an electra distortion sort of?

Anyway, we can see a 100nF cap (maybe is the red one in the previous guthshot?).
A 4.7uF, for what?
SMD resistors:
331 = 330R
103 = 10k
5001 = 5k

What's R30? 2403? Mayeb something around 240k.

There's is a germanium diode and a smd diode.

C26 = ?
C3 = ?
A cap C27 = ? close the Volume pot

The Guitar/Bass switch swap the 47nF and the 2.2nF.
The Grit/Chitlins switch: 560k for Chitlins mode, and for Grit mode a 10k probably in series with a 20k trimmer.

The Wooly/Bright switch seems add or leave out a 2000pF (2nF) cap. The track seems to go from the input jack to the center lug switch and the other center lug switch on those solders to the footswitch PCB. I don't know. Maybe it adds the 2nF to the ground to make it to sounds darker?
I build pedals

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

baouftou
Do you think we have enough info to go by and make a schematic? Im very bad at this...

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

baouftou
Also new pictures of the Jr. Barnyard

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

baouftou wrote
The transistor is a 2N5089.
I should have known better than to take the description on the website seriously. What a strange thing to lie about.

Re: Nocturne Junior Backyard Preamp

fx-fidden
I can see some connections... but I'm far away to know the real schematic ot just a meaning approximation, unfortunately.

It seems not so close to a LPB-1 schematic, with those resistors, but neither too much close to the Electra Distortion.
The electrolytic cap is a Nichicon FW, usually it used in audio signal, not for a power filter, but I can't exclude it. Anyway in the El Pescadoro there's a 4.7uF, but it's very close to the 330R. In the Jr Barnyard those parts are far. But we can't excluded anything.
You see? How may "but" I used?

Anyway, there's no many things you can do with a NPN transistor and two pair of diodes.
If a pedal builder had this pedal...

This is all what I can do, and if course I can't be sure about everything:

I build pedals
12