Noise Ensemble Layout - Loop Switch Integration

Noise Ensemble Layout - Loop Switch Integration

spacefuzz74
I’m having trouble visualizing how the “loop” switch wires up with the rest of the board.  I should be using a DPDT (on-on) switch, correct?

Here is the explanation from parasit studio:

"The loop switch toggles a 3.3M resistor between the input and the output for crazy feedback.

The loop should not increase the volume if it's connected between the input and the volume pot lug 3 (instead of directly to the output).  Lowering the feedback resistor value will increase the feedback and vice versa."

Can someone help my brain understand how this should be wired?  I'm sure it's very easy...I'm just not getting it!  i attached the layout along with a numbered DPDT.

Thanks!

Re: Noise Ensemble Layout - Loop Switch Integration

Pivetta
If I get it right you should take two cable from the input jack and connect one to pin3. The resistor should go between pin1 and vol3. You only need a SPDT or you can use the other pole for a led.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Noise Ensemble Layout - Loop Switch Integration

spacefuzz74
So, does this look correct?

For some reason it looks weird to me...but my brain gets twisted with some of this stuff sometimes.

Thanks so much for the help!

I was using the switch you draw. So put the input wire on the middle pin and it's done.
For the switch I meant SPST (on/off).  Sorry, my bad.

Re: Noise Ensemble Layout - Loop Switch Integration

spacefuzz74
You mention a SPST (on/off) switch, but there should be no problem using a SPDT (on-on) switch - correct?

Thanks again!

I attached a new drawing for anyone else who may need it.