Noisy Cricket

Lovrom8
...is not exactly noisy in my case, at all.

First of all I would like to thank all you peeps who contribute here!

Anyway, my noisy cricket makes no sound (no noise at all).
I haven't connected a speaker, only the headphone socket, so could that be the problem?

Layout: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.hr/2012/04/noisy-cricket-mkii.html , #2 one

Voltages on LM386 is where it gets weird:

pin 8: 0
pin 7: 0
pin 6: 8.49
pin 5: 8.48
pin 4: 8.49
pin 3: 7.93
pin 2: 7.74
pin 1: 8.99

Did I perhaps burn the IC ? Any easy way to test it?

Pics:

Front:

Back:
https://i.imgur.com/QtSKGcL.jpg
(the green wire on 5th row was moved a column right on the front, too)

Messy wiring :( :
https://i.imgur.com/G7fUGd4.jpg

Socket:
https://i.imgur.com/U0lNhiH.jpg

Can you please tell me what's the correct wiring for this Tayda 3.5mm stereo socket ? ( https://www.taydaelectronics.com/3-5mm-low-profile-stereo-audio-jack.html ,  the datasheet shows only which part is which only on the side and not on the actual socket, so I used a wiring scheme for another similar socket, so it's wired: left = ring, middle = sleeve, right = tip)

Please excuse the poor soldering, it's still one of my first veros after all :(
And also those weird temporary insulation methods that use tape...

Instead of MPF102, I used a BF256B, flipped on the opposite side. Voltages:

D: 8.99V
S: 2.25V
G: 0V

Also, instead of the bass switch, I just wired a 47nF cap between sw wire and vol 3.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Re: Noisy Cricket

edwinmarc
Is your problem already solved? From yr picture it seems that you placed the lm386 upside down.