Noisy Dyna Comp? And diode in Ibanez Noise Buster

Noisy Dyna Comp? And diode in Ibanez Noise Buster

GrooveChampion
So I built the Dyna Comp. It works great, but it oscillates. I know compressors are supposed to be noisy but how do I get rid of that oscillation noise?

Secondly, I built a Noise Buster that doesnt work. All components were to spec except one: A 1n5817 diode instead of the 1n4001, is that the culprit?

Re: Noisy Dyna Comp? And diode in Ibanez Noise Buster

GrooveChampion
So I replaced the 100UF caps and added a filter to the DC jack. Now the comp is as noisy as a regular comp....I think.

That leaves us with the noise buster.