Noobs first aid central

Harmony-Rocket
ok - i am a noob and i ll need help of you people with the certain knowing how
so this topic seems obvious  - perhaps not only for me?

my first request is on a circuit miro d call undoable - but what means undoable to a noob

http://www.sabrotone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ADAFlanger.gif

i am doin it for a friend s birthday - unnecessary to say he s a first class flanger aficiado

the question is which jack do i need for the manual sweep? is it this one?:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

i am not sure

has anyone built this? and does anyone know which expression pedal works with it?
Happy when it works!

Re: Noobs first aid central

mirosol
Administrator
Yup. That's a perfect example of what i call undoable. That's 47x28. Now think of how it would look with no standing resistors:)

Answer to your question - It's the normal stereo jack:
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Neutrik-jack-open-Stereo.html
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Noobs first aid central

dexxyy
Actually it`s a switched stereo jack Miro, to be honest i think the best place to be asking questions about this build are on Harald`s site. This is a VERY complex build and as a flanger enthusiast it`s one i considered...... for about 10 seconds. I`ve built over 200 working circuits and the one of the biggest mistakes i made early on was thinking masses of enthusiasm could overcome lack of experience.... it can`t. By experience i don`t just mean building, i mean debugging too. The thought of spending a couple of days building this and it not working straight off (very, very likely), and even thinking of debugging virtually guarantees this would`ve ended up in a drawer. Anyway, my quest for a diy flanger ended with the 9v electric mistress pcb from tonepad (madbean`s current lover is similar).Anyhoo, Best of luck with it.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Noobs first aid central

Yes that's a perfect example of why we don't do similar layouts.  Without standing components that could be 20% larger, with a multi layer PCB it could be 40-50% smaller.

I've done a lot of pedal building over the last 6 years or so, but even I wouldn't like to have to debug that if it didn't work first time.  Of course totally doable but could easily end up a nightmare, so sometimes vero just isn't the way to go IMO.  PCB would be complicated enough but at least you don't have to worry about additional things like links, cuts and part placement.