Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

boratto
Any Suggestions for a pedal Octave Up design for bassists? I was thinking in something like the green ringer, or a more cleaner one... does a Escobedo one will work fine? I haven´t see something particular for bass yet.

Re: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

I think what you're looking for is called a guitar

RE: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

Chris60601
LOL

+1
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

negativefx
Technically, it's called a baritone.  :)

Re: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

boratto
lol... i am talking about the output of both signals, there´s the bass whammy pedal but it´s a digital freak thing. I am looking for something analog, vintage vibe,  and yes... the bass will sound very close to a guitar! Oh.. i remember now the Ampeg Scrambler... but something with a more Octave up vibe will be cool.

Re: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

Synsound
You may want to take a look at an EHX RingThing. It is highly adjustable and although it is marketed more as a Ring mod, I find it much more useful for pitch shifting. The blend control  is a great touch. The only down side IMO is that the octave or secondary tone value sounds a bit overly processed. It's a very versatile pedal and is worth a look.
It will also accept CV in and if you hook an EHX 8 Step up to it you can get all kinds of complex effects.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Octave Up for Bass - Suggestions

motterpaul
NO - it is a guitar Baritone Wiki

A Baritone is only up a P4 from a bass. A guitar is an 8va.