Octave up with transformer

SpaceCommandant
I have an audio transformer with 600 ohm primary and 600 ohm secondary. I haven’t seen this type used to achieve an octave up effect before but I’m wondering if it would be possible to add it to, say, a fuzzface and get a decent octave. I’ll begin experimenting later but any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Octave up with transformer

Does it have a center tap?

Re: Octave up with transformer

SpaceCommandant
Yeah, it does. It actually has six legs. This one:
https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/410/media-1068057.pdf

Re: Octave up with transformer

SpaceCommandant
For starters, does anyone have an idea how to substitute a 5pin transformer (Octavia/Octave Clang, etc) with a 6pin? Basically, which leg is the ‘extra’ leg and what do I do with it, ha.

Re: Octave up with transformer

The extra leg in yours would be the center tap (middle leg) of the primary. Since both windings are the same it won’t make a difference whether you use the primary or secondary, just ignore the extra center tap

Re: Octave up with transformer

SpaceCommandant
Thanks, I’ll try it out