Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

Re: Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

alltrax74
I'll probably build it soon
Which brick did you use ?

For information I disconnected pin 6 fro the brick in the Box of hall, but I still have nothing from that damp pot

Re: Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

@Freppo: Awesome! Glad you like it. Do you find the damp knob as useful as I do?

@Alltrax: I have 2 ideas.

1. Try a much larger cap to ground from Damp 2 (try a 100n to start).

2. Try a 50k damp pot.

Both should have a noticeable impact, though they might also reduce the reverb gain. If either or both work, you can adjust the values to taste and/or use them in combination.

If neither has any impact, then I'm out of ideas for the time being.

Re: Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

Freppo
Yes! The Damp knob is great, and not very subtle at all.
I used a long decay brick. Will box it later this weekend. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

alltrax74
Thanks Induction, actually I already tried these 2 mods with not effect.
It doesn't matter, I'll try your layout or maybe Harald's Ghost Echo

Re: Omitting Potentiometers...(replacing w/ trims/resistors)

GoranP

Cheers, Induction!

I just ordered a medium brick on Banzai, I'll be building this for sure!

12