One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

traktop
This post was updated on .
I´m looking for a "relative small" one knob octave up fuzz circuit to build inside my strat deluxe.
I took a look around all layouts but most of them seemed too big for going in there.
Things like The Tone God Finish Line should fit. Maybe JC Maillet Super Full Wave Octaver or Eagle Claw, (too big I think).
Any words of wisdom...?
Cheers, Gilberto.

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

The fuzzhugger phantom octave seems like just what you're looking for. The layout is tiny

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

traktop
This post was updated on .
Yeah, that was my first thought until watched the video and realized that is an octave down fuzz, not an octave up one.
Cool, indeed.
Im diying for something like the ampeg scrambler, (Cactus guitarist all the way), but im afraid that it belongs to an enclosure...

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Kinski

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Kinski
Just saw you have already seen this.  Sorry.

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Luke51411
You could try the pcb of the eagle claw, that looks a little smaller.

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Luke51411
There is an etchable layout, or you could buy a pcb and support Freppo and his excellent designs!

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Freppo
It's a cool idea to put a fuzz inside a guitar!

Thanks guys for suggesting the Eagle Claw. :)
I've found that it works best with hot pickups, so it wouldn't be my first choice in a strat. But if you would want to try the Eagle Claw I can draw up an even smaller PCB layout for you, upload the design to OSH Park and share the project. That way you can order it yourself directly from the fabricator. A small layout like that is just around 10$ with free shipping for 3 pcs.

I actually bought a cheap guitar just for the purpose of putting a fuzz inside it. I didn't want to ruin a good guitar... It's a Harley Benton jazzmaster style guitar, but it's actually more than decent. Better than alot of Epiphone and Squire guitars that I have played. I never got around to putting a fuzz inside it though because I could never decide which one to choose. :P
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Luke51411
The 1590a crowd would probably enjoy that! (of which I am admittedly becoming one of) haha

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

traktop
Wow, that pcb looks cool, (and I think it would fit inside the guitar).
I ommited it from my list because what you said about hot pickups to work its best.
What´s the issue with that? Is about less gain, or octave up don´t showing up?
The other thing is that I live in Europe, so I don´t know if shipping+duties would worth it, but 10$ for 3 pcbs sounds very nice.

The sustain gets very short with low output pickups, but the gain and the strenght of the octave is the same.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: One knob octave fuzz circuit inside a strat

Traktop, Freppo is in Sweden, so no import problems there.