One portion of the BYOC OD2

VanDerchuck
My first build was a BYOC OD2. Needless to say it didn't come out very trustworthy. It sounds great, and works most of the time, which is great because I never shut it off. But I only use one setting and I don't need the boost. In fact if I had a layout of the mosfet version with no clipping diodes and the mids switch shut off, (basically both switches in the middle position) I'd be very very happy. Is this a clone of another tubescreamer variant that I'm not aware of? Not real sure. Thanks for any help.

Skeet

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

Have you got a link to the OD2 scheme?

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

VanDerchuck
Here are the instructions. Page 36.

http://byocelectronics.com/overdrive2instructions.pdf

If I try and save a picture to my phone it just distorts all resistor values. I won't be able to get a clear picture until probably Monday.

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

VanDerchuck
Here's the page that I stole this from. http://byocelectronics.com/schematics/OD2scheme.bmp When you switch the diode clipping off it becomes a great boost. I don't think I've ever really used that additional boost with this pedal. I've never needed it.

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

VanDerchuck
Bump! This is such a great OverDrive. Anyone want to give it a try?

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

strassercaster
as far as i know its a fulltone full drive 1 or 2 depending on mosfet. guess what ? yOU ARE RIGHT its just a tube screamer  a fulltone fulldrive 2  is a tube screamer with just a couple value changes and a boost added on the end.. you could just build a ts808 or ts9 and sub those values. CHECK THIS OUT http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_its8_mods.pdf

scroll down to the expensive boutique modifications. you need to change the .047 uf or 47n to 220n .then change the the 4k7 connected before it to 1k and the 51k to a 10k thats it.the mosfet is just clipping as well. two of the legs are shorted together to make a diode for clipping it sounds bigger and better than it reALLY IS .

 you could just make a fulltonefulldrive 2  from scratch.ill fix your byoc box for you if you want as well . i love fixing issues lord knows i have created a lot myself. i did a few pcbs and still do on occasion. it just doesn't give the same satisfaction for me. although i rely heavily on the talented guys here like Mark Alex Mirosol,Savvas,rockett88,frank nh,moa,javi and others for there ingenious layouts .we will all do our best to help you

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

strassercaster

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

strassercaster

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

strassercaster
you can make one from scratch. we will coach you through it . what are the issues with the byoc pedal? you may just have a bad power jack or the footswitch is going out. post some pictures. as i said mai;ll it to me and ill fix it and have it back with in 7-10 days .you pay shipping there and back. ill do it for free. i have everything to make 20 of those pedals. i would only ask you pay it forward AS THEY SAY HA HA

Re: One portion of the BYOC OD2

VanDerchuck
Strassercaster. Thanks for the offer. I have it working, it needs a new switch and I've soldered to the board so many times that I've burnt it up pretty good. Now it looks bad and is point to point in some spots. I'm just playing it as is, but I'd like to make another one. I'll check out the two veros you recommended and see if I can find a matching schematic for comparison. Thanks for your help.

Skeet