Orange Dark Terror

Sensei Tim
My attempted layout.  I know that i have messed up some of the pot lugs for the Gain and Shape controls.  Hopefully someone smarter than me can confirm what they should be ;)

schematic

Re: Orange Dark Terror

glasspak73
Is Q5 also J201?

Re: Orange Dark Terror

Sensei Tim
Yes all j201

In the schematic v3b looks like it’s a lower gain tube. You could play with the fet at q5 and see if it makes a difference. Maybe 2n5457.

Re: Orange Dark Terror

squirrels
I had one of these and it sounded fantastic. The preamp and phase inverter tubes were 12AX7s. The effects loop uses a 12AT7.

Re: Orange Dark Terror

Sensei Tim
i also just realized that this vero won't fit in most enclosures

i'll need to re-do it to make is narrower.

Re: Orange Dark Terror

Sensei Tim
smaller footprint

Re: Orange Dark Terror