PHOBoS modlunetta 4046 VCO

SonusFluxa
At Tabby's request, and since others seem interested in the synth stuff we've been working on, here's the VCO I originally posted in the melody generator thread. I've got it working, but I'm interested in hearing what others think about it. Schematic here. I used 1n4148 for diodes.

gul

Re: PHOBoS modlunetta 4046 VCO

gul
This post was updated on .
Is this powered by a standard 9v negative center power supply? I'm new to building these synthy-ish layouts. Thank you for sharing.  I just finished freppo's awesome New Wave Control Voltage Generator, along with his U-235 circuit. Lots of good fun to be had there. I'm hoping to hook up this modlunetta to it (I'm also building your Wasp layout).

Re: PHOBoS modlunetta 4046 VCO

Pedalhead
There's a update for this. Improved stability?

"NOTE: I made a small change, instead of connecting the input level pot to (-) I connected it to the vgnd (output U1a)."

I think that means hooking Level 2 (wiper) via the series 47k resistor to pin 1 of the LM324 instead of pin 9. Don't quote me on that though. I haven't built it, yet.

Project pages here:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-55465-0.html

Description from a different thread:
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-67873.html

"The first stage (U1c) is a voltage summing amplifier or adder which adds the CV with the offset voltage. Without a CV signal I can control the frequency with the offset control and with a CV signal I can add (you probably guessed it) an offset voltage. However it does invert so the second stage (U1b) inverts it again so that a positive CV signal gives a higher frequency. The schematic I posted is the VCO I used in my modular lunetta which is powered by a single supply, so the - is just the GND connection. However a summing amplifier does need a reference voltage to work properly which is provided by U1a.

note: I later changed the circuit by connecting the level pot to this reference voltage as well instead of - which gives a much better control. The way it is drawn in the schematic it would actually have an effect on the frequency when nothing was connected to it. "