PIC programming

Sensei Tim
Hey all

I am interested in getting into programming my own PIC chips for taplfo and for relay switching and such.

What do I need to get started with programming pic chips?  Are the programmers universal? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Tim

Re: PIC programming

scimitar
I did buy a cheap K150 programmer from China a couple of years ago specifically to burn some TAPLFO chips (as well as intending to get into PIC programming) and it worked fine, as did the cheap PIC chips I bought from China. The process was pretty straightforward but I can't remember much about it now. Total cost for 10 chips and the programmer was under £10.