PINK BOARD -- vero-pcb, a slightly different workflow

PINK BOARD -- vero-pcb, a slightly different workflow

j-pee
hi,

I am totally not an experienced stompbox maker, however, like so many in the "DIY-fever" culture, I kinda call it my passion, too :)

the vero-PCB as an idea came up part of it because I count rows and columns like a robot...
and placing 5 resistors on a board takes me an hour... (okay, a dumb robot, not an intelligent one :))
and part of it because I've put together some kit lately, and I enjoyed the preprinted surface...
and finally, because I had some beautiful pink glue-paper at hand...

so the idea is:

take a glue-paper (self adherent paper with glue on one side) and stick in on the size-cut vero board...
after you have made the cuts...

now you have a pink surface...
BUT..
if you lift it, for example, over a sheet of white paper which is well lit,
you'll see all the holes and rows...

and then you can take a pin...
and go punch your holes.. all of them! :)

for me, who is really slow and meticulous at placing single components...
punching 20-30 holes takes but a few minutes... goes really fast..

and then...
you can start placing the components :)
which will be way easier...
cause all the holes are there already...

if you fancy, you can use marker pen to indicate resistors or caps or whatever..
or just use a pencil to make some minimal markup, if the circuit is more complex

anyhow, I've used it a couple of times already, and couldn't decide it if was an advantage...
but I loved the look in the end... a pink board :)

and lately, I've made the same thing twice (a small booster), and I loved the one with the pink glue-paper better...
and now, as I was making another one, I did take the glue-paper...
and it went really fast...

that's why I thought I'd share this slightly different workflow...
(I can imagine that this is a common thing, only I didn't know)

oh,just one note:
NOT any glue paper works...
first of all, it has to be seethrough to such extent that you could see the holes..
also, it has to be prickable.. therefore a gaffer's tape is not a good option...

so, this is the idea...
I hope someone might like it :)

Peter