PNP positive ground

tyler9durden
Building my first PNP fuzzface circuits after picking up some Russian GE transistors and need a little steer on dealing with the positive ground.

I know not to use daisy chain power supply and I am happy to run with batteries

Do I just reverse the polarity of the battery connecting -ve as supply and connecting the +ve as ground - is it as simple as that?

Thanks

Re: PNP positive ground

induction
tyler9durden wrote
Building my first PNP fuzzface circuits after picking up some Russian GE transistors and need a little steer on dealing with the positive ground.

I know not to use daisy chain power supply and I am happy to run with batteries

Do I just reverse the polarity of the battery connecting -ve as supply and connecting the +ve as ground - is it as simple as that?

Thanks
Whether you reverse anything depends on whether you're following a schematic (or layout) or re-engineering one. If you have a diagram for a positive ground circuit, just put V+ and V- where they are indicated on the schem. (Yes, V+ will be ground and V- will be supply.)

If you are re-engineering a negative ground diagram, you will also have to reverse the polarized caps and the transistors.

By the way, if you decide that you do have any interest in daisy chaining your pedal, you can always include a charge pump in the layout.

Re: PNP positive ground

tyler9durden
Thanks Induction

Im following IVIarks layout posted here which does show the -ve and +ve for supply and ground just wanted to check I wasn't missing anything.

Did read that a charge pump would change the sound so was happy to run with battery only.

Main interest is to muck about with different GE transistors (affordable russians) and see what I like.

Biasing will be my next query but have seen some posts on how to do that so Ill research before posting for help.