POG MOD HELP

hahafender
Hey. So I just finished the POG mod. the switching of the pots work perfectly. but I'll have to get reverse logs pots instead of LOG... as the effect volume only begins to come up at 3 o clock. But anyway. The LED indicator seems to not wanna light up. Dunno if I used the wrong LED or wired it wrong. Here's the guts

Re: POG MOD HELP

I've answered on the blog so others will know to make sure they get the right type, but may as well copy the answer here to so the info is in both places.

It doesn't say in the product info whether it is a common anode or common cathode which is ridiculous because you can only guess how to wire it up. Just send them an email and ask them if it's common cathode which I suspect it probably is if it isn't working as per the layout. If it is it's no problem, just swap the 9V and ground connections for the LED, so the CLR connects to ground and lug 11 of the stomp connects to 9V.

Re: POG MOD HELP

hahafender
yup. worked like a charm man... thanks!!!

Re: POG MOD HELP

hahafender
do you have any tips on soldering wire to those pesky PCB pins? :-(
I have the helping hands... but it's still pretty difficult sometimes

Re: POG MOD HELP

I do this, and it makes it easy

Re: POG MOD HELP

dbat69
I do the same when using the pots with PCB pins - I increase the number of holes depending upon how many connections need to be made at each pin which is quite useful when daisy chaining.

Re: POG MOD HELP

hahafender
thanks! ive seen this before and just forgot about it. it'll help substantially when i have to change the pots again haha