PSU designs?

Jon the Art Guy
Has anyone found any links to power supply projects? I've got a ton of old wall-warts hanging around, as it's been one of those things I always find a reason to not throw out. This includes a couple laptop PSUs which run @19v and over 3amps.
I was thinking using a laptop supply to power a pedal board would be nice. The board's own power strip would include a voltage splitter to get 9v lines, and keep a couple 18vs on there for things like the Klon and the 'Face, or any of the 18v pedals. 3 amps is...FAR more then necessary to run a pedalboard.
Also, I've seen a couple designs for a power conditioner to keep the ugly noise of a non-music PSU out of the mix.
Maybe also include separate NPN and PNP lines? Voltage droppers for the dying battery effect?

Yes, this is a stupidly ambitious project, but it also seems like something that'd be very useful for pedal builders on here. As of now, a power filter and splitter for the laptop supply would be super useful, if anyone has seen links.

thanks guys

Re: PSU designs?

Madferret
I've been toying with the idea of building this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-A-Power-Supply-For-Your-Guitar-Pedals/ but I'm not sure if it'll be clean enough for a main power supply.

Re: PSU designs?

Jon the Art Guy
every time I do a search for DIY pedal supply or something like, I get that link. That guy needs to monetize his plans with adsense or something.

I saw something more along what I was thinking from Diago. It's pretty much just a laptop psu with probably some extra filtering and auto-switching, and detachable plugs. I'm thinking about something a little more involved.

I'll do some doodles and post the jpg up here and see if we can get this idea percolating.

Re: PSU designs?

Milkit
I made this; http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=111

& I have to say it is fab, but I used a 12v adapter for an LCD monitor.

I realise it's a PNP & etch job, but there maybe someone on here that could have a go at putting on a vero for you
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: PSU designs?

PStevenson