PT2399 Mystérious with crap fi delay

MOPO
Hello,

I have a problem with the crap fi delay and pt2399 ..... I explain:
The effect works very well, compared to the shemas of the site I have just added a resistance in input and output to limit noise (buzz and footswitch).
Sometimes the effect works masi there is no longer the delay (repetition), in this case just connect and disconnect the pt2399 and after all remarks normally ......
Sometimes the 78l05 heats up (precisely when the problem occurs) I have tried several different components and the problem persists .....

Someone would have a solution to solve the problem, it 's as if the pt2399 was loading and had to be unloaded by disconnecting it to work.

Thank you @

Re: PT2399 Mystérious with crap fi delay

Ciaran Haslett
The PT2399 can lock up if pins 3 and 4 are not grounded.  Check them.  Also if the resistance on pin 6 goes too low.  Can't remember off hand the value but it's a 1K on this layout.  Maybe try upping to a 1K2 or 1K5?

Re: PT2399 Mystérious with crap fi delay

MOPO
Hello,

Indeed the pt2399 seems to lock .................
Pins 3 and 4 are well grounded to test the resistance to 1.5k because it does not seem to alter the sound.
As the locking is done randomly I will see in time if that solves the problem.
Thank you for your answer

Re: PT2399 Mystérious with crap fi delay

MOPO
I saw on a lot of shemas the pin 6 of the pt2399 is connected to the ground, on the crap fi delay it is not the case because if it connects to the ground one loses much delay, on the other hand by adding A condenser (I randomly tested 100 nf) we always have the same delay ........... remains to know if this solves the problem, I try it will be well