PT80 Delay

frjd
I would be very interested in a vero layout for Scott Swartz' PT80 delay which aims to emulate the sound of the Ibanez AD90 using a PT2399 chip. It does have two 16pin and 3 8pin chips and is unlikely to get itself shoehorned into a 1590b on a vero but may get into a 1590bb.

The schematic is available here http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_pt80_sc.pdf  for you to have a look at.

You guys have been doing an awesome job! Well done!

Re: PT80 Delay

Geiri
I think that's too big to be honest but we'll see what Mark and Miro say!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: PT80 Delay

frjd
Yeah, it would probably have to be 1590bb but I think it would be worth it. The AD80 sounds fantastic but it is incredibly pricey even to get a maxxon reissue...

Re: PT80 Delay

cylens
Anyone tempted to draw a vero of this one?

Re: PT80 Delay

Broian
I tried to build the kit from GGG and it has been my one failure. JD was kind of helpful with trouble shooting, he had me get a multi-meter and build and audio probe. Unfortunately the pedal still doesn't  work even though the volts checked out on all pins and I still can't get the hang of the audio probe. I'm still a bit of a novice at this but ever forward.

Re: PT80 Delay

adapt
*puts on sunglasses*

i'll try this tonight

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Re: PT80 Delay

cylens
great! don't hesitate to ask for help to verify/compare with the schematic, if needed!

Re: PT80 Delay

adapt
This post was updated on .
THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE.

(anyone wanna check this?)

EDIT: see updated layout below

Re: PT80 Delay

cylens
yay!

I'm taking a look at it right now (comparing schematic with layout)

thanks already for taking the time!

Re: PT80 Delay

cylens
OK, I'm impressed!

I just found something at the output stage: 15n cap and 1k resistor are parallel between pins 1 and 2 of the TL072 while they should be in series. otherwise, everything seems perfect!
I have to double/triple check caps and resistors around the PT2399, I always have difficulties to deal with this

Ordering SA571 right now! Many thanks, sir!

Re: PT80 Delay

adapt
awesome! glad it 99% checked out! here's the fixed layout. i didn't like the horizontal resistors on the right, so i fixed them.

list of fixes:
12v regulator orientation
moved some cuts to align them vertically
the horizontal resistor fix
the error you found (violating my standing resistor rule, grrr)
included diode types in bottom text

image:

http://i.imgur.com/73emPmC.png

Re: PT80 Delay

cylens
This post was updated on .
that's great, man!

i'll double check later, again, just in case!

to me there's no problem with standing resistor, but i think you might be able to avoid it;

you've got a link from pin 2 of the TL072 to top row from "inside" of the TL072: by swapping the other link to the left and the 47pf, you might be able to use the first link (eh... following me, right?) and puting the 1k resistor horizontally...

once again, to me, it's perfect as is, not trying to be an ass, here!

thanks again, I might try to mod it with an external loop in the feedback path:
http://moosapotamus.net/pt80delay.html

Re: PT80 Delay

adapt
here it is with the "long time" switch as per that moosapotamus link

image: http://i.imgur.com/GcYIXkl.png

Re: PT80 Delay

tabbycat
many thanks for the layouts adapt. that's a bit of a monster.

has anyone here built either of these yet?

Re: PT80 Delay

Grogger
Hi
I built the PT using the Vero layout as shown.
Couldn't get it to work (no effect), so started fault finding.
There is a 22K resistor connected to pin 11 of the PT2399.
This should be connected to pin 12, not to pin 11. The circuit now works
really well, and is verified.
This is a really classy sounding delay, much better than some I've used
over the years. Build it and see what you think.
Many thanks to "adapt from tagboardfx" for making the layout available
and the hard work that must have gone in to it.