Panasonic Film Caps: What does this mean...

Panasonic Film Caps: What does this mean...

Chris60601
Hey everyone -

Please help me understand the differences between the Panasonic Film caps that are:
ECQ-B, E and V

Not sure what the above means

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Panasonic Film Caps: What does this mean...

they differ in size. the ecq-v is the small ones, and they get bigger from there. the ecq-v are the ones you'ld want to use in a pedal the others can be way too big. not only are the bigger ones larger in size making them hard to fit, but the spacing can be super wide.

Re: Panasonic Film Caps: What does this mean...

Chris60601
Ah - this make perfect scene then as I ordered a .68 via Amazon (just a shot in the dark) and this puppy was like the size of an elephant! There was no way I was gonna try to put that on a vero.

LOL - it would have taken up nearly 1/4 of it. No, I don't order my parts through Amazon however, that's not entirely true - when I started, I purchased the Joe Knows Electronic starter kits. They were reasonable and it was something that got me parts fast.

Of course, I have aged a little the past few months and I have learned proper sourcing through other avenues
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Panasonic Film Caps: What does this mean...

yea, i've done that before when i bought some on ebay. grab these if you're after the panasonic ones that work in effects. mark posted them a long time ago, and bought them after he posted the link.  i have like a few hundred of each of these and i love them. not sure if they really are panasonics, but they seem to be just as good and not too bad on price.