Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Dudes: be very carefulf when purchasing items from Germany, Italy or Austria and payin' with Paypal.

I've been informed right now by Paypal, that sellers from Germany, Italy and Austria just have to show that they have sent the item or "something". They're not required to show a proof of  delivey (signed, electronic or whatever), just have to send a proof of shippin' an that's enough.

While on Spain Island, France, Uk, China, Portugal and so on you have to show that the item has been delivered, germans, italians an austrians, just have to show that they have shipped "something" to you. If the shippin is delayed, lost, broken, etc, Paypal just doesn't mind and closes the case favouring the seller.

So, please forget abour Paypal when purchasing from these countries, if anything fails, you won't get refunded by Paypal, so you'll have to ask for a chargeback at your bank.

Be careful!

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alltrax74
That's weird, why would it be different with these 3 countries ?

Anyway, I hope you'll get your cub very soon

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Different agreements, my friend. The lady at Paypal was really ashamed when talking and telling me that if the seller sends a proof of shippin' the claim has to be closed favouring the seller.

When asked why in all the reclamations I've had before, the seller had to provide proof of delivery, but these german assholes just had to provide proof of shippin' that's when she informed me about the "special cases": Germany, Italy and Austria.

As she has told me: if the proof of shippin' is correct, there's no mistake in the name or address and fits weight and / or dimensions with the  supposed good, that's enough, no mattter if the  trackin number itself shows clearly that the parcel has been not delivered..

She has told me that she knows that this is not fair, and that she would go to the police with no doubts. As she told me: "Is not fail, but that's the way I have to do myu job, I have no decision, just apply paypal rules".

So be careful.

BR

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alltrax74
Good to know, thanks for sharing

But my guess is that more and more countries will have this type of agreement.
If sellers can be dishonnest, it's unfortunately also the case of buyers (and on a large scale I fear). It's too easy to claim that you didn't received an order.
For exemple, now I have to sign a receipt for any cheap envelope i receive from china, even if it's sent by economic international courrier. It wasn't the case 6 months ago
Too much abuse with paypal...

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoranP

Wow... now that just sucks! Thanks for the heads up, Javi...

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex.s
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Hope your Laney will be with you soon!

Knowing how utterly awful the italian postal service is I can safely say I will NEVER ever buy anything from there, but will hardly take chances with Germany and Austria as well. Luckly we have a few good retailers here in the UK so hopefully the european store won't ven be able to tempt me into buying from abroad.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaviCAP
Sure Altrax, but this problem could be easily solved if Paypal would require that all orders paid trough their service should be registered if the buyer wants be covered against problems / non receiving and so on.

In my case, is just plain clear, as you can see on the tracking that the parcel departed germany on July 2nd, and has not been updated since then, and a single call to Correos Spain tells you that this parcel has not arrived here and there's just the info that the parcel departed from Germany, but nothing more.

Paypal wants to stop abuses? Fine, then all shippin' should be registered and with proof of delivery. Easiest of all solutions. What's just unfair is that some countries have to show proof of delivery and some choosen ones just have to show proof of shippin'.

BR

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince
You're right, Javi. I've just been reading about peoples experiences with German sellers and there are similar stories. I'd get in touch with your bank ASAP as it sounds like the only hope you have.

Good luck.

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Chargeback done  and the money is again in my bank account (I used a debit) card) :)

Now that I know about paypal and Germany -italy -austria, every store from theses countries is deleted forever for my future purchases.

As Alex says, now prices have been lowered in all europe (maybe thanks to the german mega musical stores) and is no difficult to get similar prices at home. The problem in Madrid is the stock....

So now to wait until next monday / tuesday, that the Cubs arrive to my local store, and I'm done :)

BR

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoranP

Keep us posted if the original cub actually shows up at your door...

Re: Paypal + Germany: BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince
Now that you have your money back I bet the seller pulls their finger out and tracks down the amp!