Peavey Dirty Dog

spacecase96
Peavey Dirty Dog

Re: Peavey Dirty Dog

Zanius
I have turned one or two huge schematics to vero but never utilized them. This schem would take more than a few hours work, only to find out you can't actually find a vero big enough to built in on and even if you find one, you'll need a huge box to put it in.

I know the diy bug but if you really want one they are less than 100 bucks used

Re: Peavey Dirty Dog

glasspak73
Could this be made as two separate circuits without all the switching and LED lighting?would that make it small enough to build it on vero? then we could stack one into the other or run them A or B just without all the extra switching parts of th circuit.I'm asking because i don't know for sure if it can be done the way i'm thinking of like a 2 channel preamp type pedal.This is just a thought i have so wanted to ask

Re: Peavey Dirty Dog

Blackboarcult
A simplified lead or crunch circuit could be veroed quite easily, but as Zanius said, its a few hours work, 8 transistors and whatnot for a just-ok-sounding stompbox (personal opinion, mind you :))

Peavey were not known for simple circuits... You'll probably get more satisfying results with the recent amp emulators on the main page, or even baja's amp reworkings that are on FSB. It depends on the sound you are after... are you looking for the exact sound of this pedal, or just a peavey-sounding preamp?

Re: Peavey Dirty Dog

ibanez48
This is going to need 5 different voltages to work 30/24/15/3/1.5 volts. U would need to build the power circuit to get all them voltages.

Re: Peavey Dirty Dog

Frank_NH
It's an interesting design - no op amps, but gain is achieved through simple transistor stages.   It would be worthwhile to simulate this in LTSpice to see if it could be modified to work at a lower supply voltage.  If so, you could breadbaord the design and see if would be worth making a vero.   And I also agree that you could just do the crunch or lead channels separately to see if either sound good by themselves.