Pedal Suggestions For a Vox AC10?

squirrels
Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Vox AC10 to used for cleaner tones and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for dirt pedals to go with it?

Right now I'm using a Lunar Module, Timmy, Green Russian and modified Mayo with great results. I also have an Aquapuss and Rebote delay that I really like. It doesn't play well with my GE Fuzz Face which surprises me, it's hot or miss with my Tonebender mk. II as well. I'm planning on using it to get sounds that aren't related to Mastodon, High On Fire or ISIS (the band obviously, but maybe for cleaner stuff...) etc. I read a lot about the Hotcake, Emerald Green Distortion Machine as well as the Rat (built one, haven't tried it yet) working really well.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on what could help me get the most out of this amp? Maybe a good booster or similar? I'm using a Squier 51 with GHS 70s single coils and a Blacktop Jazzmaster through it primarily. I'm looking for tones like Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers and similar sounding bands. I may even return it for a Bassbreaker 007 if I don't bond too well with it. It sounds amazing on its own so hopefully I can coax some other, yet still Vox-y tones out of it. Thanks.

Re: Pedal Suggestions For a Vox AC10?

squirrels
Well the Rat is definitely a great fit for it.

Re: Pedal Suggestions For a Vox AC10?

traktop
You definitely should try a hotcake as that pedal was designed around a vox ac-30. It really feels like second nature to it.
It´s quite versatile as a booster and overdrive thanks to its unusual tone control, (it can go fuzzy as well).
With drive control at zero the pedal is pretty transparent. As you increase the drive the highs and lows go up as well, so the the tone control works here compensating the lack of mids.
The only issue is its awful decay at low to mid gain levels, (this is an IC overdrive with no clipping section). At full bore you won´t notice it.
I built sabro´s layouts as people seemed to have problems with the one around here.
It feels like a glove with hiwatts as well.

Re: Pedal Suggestions For a Vox AC10?

squirrels
I was thinking of the Flapjack due to the oscillation issues but I'll look at Sabro layout for the Hotcake. Thanks.