Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
Hi Guys.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to convert this schematic to Vero for me:

I have been looking for a Piezo Preamp in Vero for a mini plate reverb I am making, and 2 of these would be perfect. I found the design on this site:

https://www.klangmodulator.de/projects/piezo-preamp/

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kizzer

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
I had a go at making a Vero layout. This is my first try at this, so can anyone tell me if this looks ok, or where I need to make changes?

Cheers
Kieran

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

Zanius
Yeah! That is spot on and a tidy layout, well done
Well, don't make the double link at Ic pin 8, it's not supposed to be connected anywhere.

Another note is that any type of non-polarized capacitor can be used for C6, doesn't have to be an electro. Film caps come in 1uf.

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
Thanks for the reply Zanius!

When you say don't make the double connection at pin 8, do you mean no connections at all?

As I said, I'm a complete noob at this and from the schematic I was trying to send R2, D1 and D3 to V+ Pin 8, but I also saw on the schematic that it had Pin 7 going to V+.

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

ithop
Hi,

I think a single link from B11 down to D11 instead of the double link, V+ goes to pin 7 on TL061. IC pins 1 and 8 has No Connection. In addition move Diode1 and Cap5 down a row (D15 and D16) to connect to IC pin 7 .

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
Thanks Ithop!

I totally messed up the V+ on the TL061 there! I've amended the layout below and took out the cut at C10 seeing as how Ic pins 1 and 8 are not used.

Cheers for the help!

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

ithop
kizzer you are very welcome.

You could remove the cut at B12 if you wanted to.

Please share more about your mini plate reverb and the results of the pre-amps in your design.

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
Thanks Ithop.

I will hopefully get the preamps knocked up and tested over the weekend. I will update this thread with the results and a link to a video with sound examples.

Cheers mate!

Re: Piezo Preamp for Plate Reverb.

kizzer
Preamps are made and work great. I have managed to mount them plus all the other components in a 1590B, it was a bit of a tight fit, but works!

The Plate I am using is around 80cm x 30cm and is hung on the wall in a wooden frame. I send the audio to the jack input which is connected to a small 3w amp with volume control, this outputs to the Transducer to vibrate the plate. I have 2 Piezo's on the plate which come back to the box via 2 3.5mm inputs and go to the 2 preamps. They both output to a stereo jack socket which comes back to my recording interface.

Pictures below, I will update with a video demo once I get some spare time.

Cheers